Facebook
It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 11:43 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:24 am 
®ealworld Founder Admin Core

Halo In-Game Name: Harbinge®
Xfire Name: nomates1234
Steam Name: Harbinge®
Evolve Name: Harbinger-Halo
Discord Name: harbinger#7102
TG Sonny (TG Clan Leader) Caught Aimbotting

There was a report made that TG sonny was banned for Aimbotting in ┬ę server. Apparently it's true and was an Official Server Message witnessed by many Players because the ┬ę Server SAPP Aimbot detection system Auto Banned TG Sonny.

TG Sonny IS a TG Server Admin and TG Clan Leader. >:(

If this is really true then it's very bad especially since TG Clan Website boasts Two Spinning Logos which say, "FAIR PLAY NO CHEAT THIS CLAN DOES NOT CHEAT". It just makes me wonder if TG Clan ought to add a couple more Logos saying, "CLAN LEADERS DONT TELL LIES" and another good Logo to add might also be, "ADMINS DON'T ABUSE SERVER ADMINSHIP ROLE".

Since many TG Clan Members are also Realworld Guild Members, this Post has been created for Realworld Guild Members to comment and also for them to make observations about the SAPP Aimbot detection system. For example how accurate is it when it comes to catching Cheats :?:

- ß╝É╬Ż ¤ä╬┐¤Ź¤äß┐│ ╬Ż╬»╬║╬▒: In hoc signo vinces -

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:38 pm 
Classicworlde®

Halo In-Game Name: Topsi
Xfire Name: xxegelitexx
I've already been banned several times for botting.

There's no denying it, I am an aweful cheater and deserve the most painful death possible, because cheating is an unacceptable crime that tramples on the concept of fair play in such a cruel way that it prevents players from playing in their favourite server, makes them leave crying or even doubt their own skills. Many have already fallen victim to this dark monster in the gaming society and numerous already succumbed to the tempation - even if only once or twice - to gain an advantage by tricking technology and bypassing the framework of the game.

I myself am not only constantly using Skys the Limit to be able to move the camera after my death or increased my rendering distance on hugeass with thirdparty tools. No, that advantage once was not enough for me, I have already botted while playing on a public server to impress my friends, I have also wallhacked against faky in a scrim in rr tuns (I told him afterwards, he found it funny). To sum it up: Botting is absolutely despicable and anyone who is confirmed to be such a malicious player should be expelled from the community and be given no second chances.

I've already been wrongly banned by sapp for botting several times and everytime I hear about someone being banned sapp, I immediately take it as an argument against the antibot functionality of sapp that will never be perfectly accurate. Since as it is with every third party software there is always the risk to introduce new problems and bugs and dealing with them correctly is a matter of knowledge, responsibility and trust as you can see in this case.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:52 pm 
®ealworld Primary Admin

Halo In-Game Name: {L°E°}Atom®
Xfire Name: ccatomis
Steam Name: DTK-Atomis
Evolve Name: DTK-Atomis
Harbinge® wrote:
Since many TG Clan Members are also Realworld Guild Members, this Post has been created for Realworld Guild Members to comment and also for them to make observations about the SAPP Aimbot detection system. For example how accurate is it when it comes to catching Cheats :?:

I don't know the precision of the anti bot system from SAPP and how it works. I think maybe Seh├ę can answer us about that.

For my part, if a player is found guilty by the anti aimbot SAPP system, is that he has probably used a cheat program, not matter which,
and he deserves to be banned. :evil:

I think like that because I never get ban for aimbotting in many SAPP server, just need to not use bad program.

And you know what, I never win all time too, really weird isn't it ? :o :lol:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:53 pm 

Precisely why this topic is here:

Not to instantly condemn or to discuss the despicable act of using an Amibot, but to consider the accuracy and merit of the SAPP Anti-Cheat function on a server.

SAPP Anti-Cheat exists both to deter and to catch Cheats. So there's not much point in using SAPP Anti-Cheat on a server if Admins/Players are not concerned about Aminbots. Further more this Topic questions the value of Clans purporting not to Cheat, but then to clearly consider Cheating as acceptable behaviour.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:47 pm 
®ealworld Master Classic Server Admin

Halo In-Game Name: {L┬░E┬░}N@J
Xfire Name: lenaj
Steam Name: {L┬░E┬░}N@J
Evolve Name: lenaj
i dunno about sonny - but i dont trust sapp even i agree Atomis - i never get banned from any sapp sv. so for me accuracy is fine - but its a tool made by a known cheater - so i wouldnt use it anyway - like ac.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:07 pm 
®ealworld Primary Admin

Halo In-Game Name: Scythe
Xfire Name: scythehalotrial
Steam Name: Scythe ®
What about an impersonator or Sonny testing the cheat banning system? (me playing devil's advocate here)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:40 pm 
®ealworld Master Classic Server Admin

Halo In-Game Name: {L┬░E┬░}N@J
Xfire Name: lenaj
Steam Name: {L┬░E┬░}N@J
Evolve Name: lenaj
u would test it in a full pub server?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:07 pm 

"Testing" an Aimbot on a full public server is not very credible, and especially when on a Clan's own flagship server against regular clan players etc. during prime time.

From first hand eyewitness accounts, TG Sonny appeared to be acting normally, although an Impersonator is always a possibility, but only the server log files can determine that. ;)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:16 pm 
Classicworlde®

Halo In-Game Name: Topsi
Xfire Name: xxegelitexx
Well personally I despise sehe, but I actually believe sapp's code is clean from any malicious intent. There's also Btcc22 who apparently has access to the code, so you can ask him too (unlike sehe, Btcc22 is a trustworthy person). All that was mentioned in other topics already I think. It really tires me.

Also I was banned several times in a time where the anti botting feature was quite imperfect and it has been updated at least once since that.

As far as I know the feature evaluates a value for every player in the server that indicates the probability that the player is cheating. Unnatural movements, always locking onto a player even when he's teleporting, stuff like that can be measured more or less accurately and increases the probability. Time that is being played without suspicious actions taking place decreases the probability. And the admin can set the probability value at that players get banned for cheating.

That's how I have understood it, but maybe my information is outdated already.

So, Atomis, since it's only a probability value that can not yield 100%, it does not automatically mean that the player deserved to be banned. For example someone might have pulled a prank sonny by checking the aimbot_scores and waiting for a good moment to set a new aimbot_ban value in the right moment to get him banned. From what I've understood this should be possible even if I highly doubt that sanni actually did that. Another reason might be an incorrect evaluation leading to a high aimbot score, since measuring this stuff seems super tricky and to handle every case correctly is certainly impossible.

So it might be the admin not being aware of his responsibility to set a good value, it might be you or anyone else not having the knowledge what this message means or what caused it or simply not trusting others in the first place (Harb?). It might also be the developers responsibility not to include such imperfect features, but in the end it's turned off by default (I think).

I'm really sick of all this anticheat bullshit >.>

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:03 am 
®ealworld Primary Admin

Halo In-Game Name: {L°E°}Atom®
Xfire Name: ccatomis
Steam Name: DTK-Atomis
Evolve Name: DTK-Atomis
I understand you Topsi, but tell me one thing, what we can do against cheater then ???

WE MUST LET THEM CONTINUE TO RUIN ALL GAME ??????? >:(

I really can understand you about bullshit anticheat system, but atm, I don't know how proceed to catch idiots cheaters.

So, I will continue to run SAPP even if it is not perfect. If one day, you know better program, please, call me and give me the link. :thumbs:

Patinato®

OfflineProfile  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next