Facebook
It is currently Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:23 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Public Session Times
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:26 pm 
Membe®

Halo In-Game Name: sanni
msalerno® wrote:
What map is that? I want it ;)

It's still in beta testing, but we play it each week during TG ┬ęake Custom sessions, so just drop by if you want. :thumbs:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:52 pm 
®ealworld Master Classic Server Admin

Halo In-Game Name: {L┬░E┬░}N@J
Xfire Name: lenaj
Steam Name: {L┬░E┬░}N@J
Evolve Name: lenaj
Razer Comms Name: le_naj
msalerno® wrote:
As for the rest of this discussion, it's always been my understanding that Primary Server Admins were expected to attend Official Sessions, except when RL got in the way. If you're playing Halo, and you're a Primary Server Admin, you should be in the Official Session

I totally disagree with you - I try to play the Sessions but I don;t like most of the maps and game types. It doesn't matter if I do a suggestion or not - even big maps where played till the end of game time even only less player are left - it wont change any.

As an Server Admin it's my job to hold server clean from betrayer, botter and people who insult- that's all.

@ TG I fkn dunno why you still play nolead even most of you have same ping - I was always against nolead but I tried a lot of times - nolead makes the games easier and so it's boring for me - dunno why inter still plays after the 5th HS in a row. Finally the lead no lead thing split the rest of the community - funny thing is, that most people playing on TG prefer lead.

Years ago to CB times no one cried about 167 ping lead.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:11 pm 
®ealworld Founder Admin Core

Halo In-Game Name: Harbinge®
Xfire Name: nomates1234
Steam Name: Harbinge®
Evolve Name: Harbinger-Halo
Razer Comms Name: Harbinger-Halo
I'm at a bit of a loss here tbh Jan.

One of the reliable aspects of ALL existing ® Realworld Guild Custom Map Servers is that they carry a Fixed (Known) Map Cycle and provide a Game Flow that does not change. This UNIQUE feature has remained consistent ever since ® Realworld Server was created. Couple this with UNCHANGING ® Realworld Guild Official Session Times, and Players can 100% rely on them being available for play.

You're an excellent Server Admin, but the MAIN difference between being an ® Realworld Guild Master Classic Server Admin and being an ® Realworld Guild Primary Server Admin IS ONLY Administration OF THE ® Custom Map Servers (which really are only Active during Official Session Times anyway) so if you don't like most of the Custom Maps and don't like the Game Types on the Established ® Realworld Guild Custom Map Servers, then it's really hard to understand why you should even WANT to Admin these Servers. :?

On the other hand, you can Admin the Classic Maps Servers almost at any time you like, and never need to be concerned about HAVING to attend any ® Realworld Guild Official Session.

It's NO disgrace being an ® Realworld Guild Master Classic Server Admin, and is in fact just as an important, and a Damn MORE Active Role in terms of Server Administration.

- ß╝É╬Ż ¤ä╬┐¤Ź¤äß┐│ ╬Ż╬»╬║╬▒: In hoc signo vinces -

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:19 pm 

Like always there are 2 sides of a medal. Its not that I don't wanna - but there is no place where we talk about maps and game types - it's like eat or die. Would be so easy to pick some maps and different game type for a poll. 20 maps with different game type - everyone can vote 10 maps and game type for example, why we need to play every map till the end of game time? I thought Official Sessions should make fun - it's annoying we don't skip. I guess only you and Atomis like it (nothing personal). As long as nothing will change I take a pass on my Admin powers cause I cant match with the Server Admin rules.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:38 pm 
®ealworld Founder Admin Core

Halo In-Game Name: Harbinge®
Xfire Name: nomates1234
Steam Name: Harbinge®
Evolve Name: Harbinger-Halo
Razer Comms Name: Harbinger-Halo
What you describe Jan simply isn't how ® Realworld Guild Official Sessions function - and they never have worked that way - For example, Map Skipping (especially during an Official Session) is normally 100% prohibited.

® Realworld Guild Custom Map Servers carry a LARGE Map Cycle and it's the very permanence of this Map Cycle and Game Flow which Players come to rely on.

As stated previously: Each Specific ® Realworld Guild Server Adminship Role is determined by FOCUS and never through ability.

I'm genuinely sorry if you thought that ® Realworld Guild Primary Adminship offered a path to changing Server Map Cycles etc. or the way ® Servers operate, but ONLY ® Realworld Guild Admin Core decide this.

There are no concerns what-so-ever over your Server Adminship Skill, however I have a feeling that ® Realworld Guild Master Classic Server Admin is a far more suitable role for your gaming needs and which BEST utilises your Skills keeping the Servers clean.

- ß╝É╬Ż ¤ä╬┐¤Ź¤äß┐│ ╬Ż╬»╬║╬▒: In hoc signo vinces -

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:04 pm 

Halo In-Game Name: iNTERFACE
{L°E°}naj® wrote:
@ TG I fkn dunno why you still play nolead even most of you have same ping - I was always against nolead but I tried a lot of times - nolead makes the games easier and so it's boring for me - dunno why inter still plays after the 5th HS in a row. Finally the lead no lead thing split the rest of the community - funny thing is, that most people playing on TG prefer lead.

Years ago to CB times no one cried about 167 ping lead.
We just play for fun mate, even though some may prefer lead over no lead it's not something that really bothers any of us that much. In a perfect world sehe would make it global 33 lead for all with no choice of lead 1/0 and this would save a lot of arguments. Unlikely to happen though.

Anyways, for the few people that play both sessions we will try to just play Friday and Saturdays from now on. I can understand the problem with players choosing one over the other but the hows and whys we decide is not really the business of anybody but TG. It certainly wasn't to cause problems for you guys.

ÔÇťOften those that criticise others reveal what he himself lacks.ÔÇŁ

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:30 pm 
®ealworld Primary Admin

Halo In-Game Name: msalerno®
Xfire Name: msalerno1965
Steam Name: msalerno1965
Evolve Name: msalerno
Technical side note, there is no way to make everyone a 32 ping, unless you have a way of time-traveling photons and electrons :twisted:

What you're stuck with when it comes to "no lead" is somewhat of an approximation of where each player is in relation to each other based on their current ping. Problem is, bullet magnetism is added to it, so I can run around and HS people without even aiming at their heads.

This puts the game into "Beginner" campaign mode if you ask me :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:48 pm 

Halo In-Game Name: iNTERFACE
That's why I said 'lead'. SAPP has a change lead command. For example /clead 66 will give you that amount of lead, although it seems a little smaller than I remember. :xD:

I just think it would return a little balance to the game whilst remaining somewhat fair in terms of differing locations.

ÔÇťOften those that criticise others reveal what he himself lacks.ÔÇŁ

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:03 pm 
®ealworld Primary Admin

Halo In-Game Name: msalerno®
Xfire Name: msalerno1965
Steam Name: msalerno1965
Evolve Name: msalerno
Good point Inter. But all it does is "nolead" and adds 66ms, I suspect it still does bullet magnetism to get you that spot-on 66ms "feel" because your ping naturally shifts back and forth. Say your ping is 120, in reality, it's not always exactly 120.

I still don't see the attraction. Besides, "normal" lead makes ME harder to hit :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:58 pm 

@ inter - I agree - we all play for fun - but nolead it's no fun for me - sadly.

@ Harb - pls don't speak as Admin Core would be some unknown force behind all - it's you.

It's OK you wont change any - you are the boss and I can deal with it. But I don't see why my suggestion of changing is bad. Stagnation is and was never a good point. You just say how it is (we never did, it's not like it works, it's prohibited) - Yes you don;t need to explain why - but would make things easier to understand.

OfflineProfile  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next