Facebook
It is currently Tue May 30, 2017 1:06 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Public Session Times
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:01 pm 
®ealworld Founder Admin Core

Halo In-Game Name: Harbinge®
Xfire Name: nomates1234
Steam Name: Harbinge®
Evolve Name: Harbinger-Halo
Discord Name: harbinger#7102
Public Session Times

It's well known that ® Realworld Server Sessions are held every Sunday, and ALWAYS commence at 20:00 UK time regardless of who can or who cannot attend, but recently TG Clan have been setting "their" session to start during the ® Realworld Server Session time.

I have no idea if this is deliberate, just plain ignorant, or what. :?

Of course every community has its "Core Players", and it's completely understandable that these players will all want to play together (especially during a privately held session), but let's face it, apart from these handful of "Core Players", every server's Public Session also now depend on other "Random Players" joining to increase Player Numbers.

So whilst every Community/Clan are fully entitled to hold a Public Session at whatever Day/Time they see fit, when there are 7 Days per week, isn't it a little unthinking to deliberately coincide a Public Session time with another community's Public Session?

Dividing Player Numbers across Custom Map Servers is NEVER good: It just Fragments Player Numbers, instead of helping Consolidate Player Numbers, which in turn leads to fewer players and with a diminished gaming experience for all.

All that is required is to at least consider other Public Sessions and what is best for ALL Players, rather than just what suits a couple of Individual Players. Over the years for example, I've been unable to attend many ® Realworld Server Public Sessions, but that has never prevented a Public Session from going ahead at the Set Time.

Experience has already overwhelmingly demonstrated that holding Public Sessions consistently at KNOWN Set Times produces Great Games and a Greater Numbers of Players regardless of who can or who cannot attend. Wouldn't it simply be better to have the GUTS to STAND UP to Individuals who try and Dictate Changes to Public Session Times by just saying to them, "If THEY can't make a set time then its THEIR hard luck", rather than running around like Headless Chickens trying to change everything to suit them.

No doubt others will have differing points of view, but Dividing Players for Selfish Reasons does not help either Players or inevitably the Game itself.

- ß╝É╬Ż ¤ä╬┐¤Ź¤äß┐│ ╬Ż╬»╬║╬▒: In hoc signo vinces -

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Public Session Times
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:17 pm 
®ealworld Primary Admin

Halo In-Game Name: {L°E°}Atom®
Xfire Name: ccatomis
Steam Name: DTK-Atomis
Evolve Name: DTK-Atomis
Hummmm, I understand your point of view Paul, and I share it.

I don't know if the TG clan did it deliberately, but I'm sure they don't care about us and our session lo .

Btw, I just want yo add something about Official Session, and sometimes, Admin who play on a different server during the session ^^.

I'm sure you know about what I speak, and especially Art too.

IF ONE DAY, DURING OFFICIAL SESSION, ONE PRIMARY ADMIN PLAY HIS PERSONAL SERVER. AND IF THIS IS JUST OCCASIONALLY. LETS HIM PLAYING QUIETLY. ;) :twisted:

The "bad" Primary Martian Admin. :xD:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:02 pm 

Halo In-Game Name: zero
Xfire Name: acbluflame
Evolve Name: acbluflame
Pretty sure they have been hosting their game nights on Friday/Saturday nights at 9pm because it's a time people can make, and not because they even considered Realworld session times. Let's not our tin-foil hats and make this a conspiracy. Think it was Sunday night this weekend because a few couldn't make the Saturday night.

Unless others have more information, I think we're looking too much into this.

2012 end of realworld now imma take you all out
wanna come after me i fuking dare ya to assholes

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:39 pm 
Membe®

Halo In-Game Name: sanni
Well it was like this:
┬źTG┬╗Sonny wrote:
Can't do sat.

Matt wrote:
I cannot do it on Friday night mens. Sunday could work if ya'll want to do it then?

┬źTG┬╗Sonny wrote:
I can do Sunday but is that the day rw have a session?

┬źTG┬╗┬«┬¬zerÔäó wrote:
Realworld have their Official Sessions on Sundays, so it is inappropriate to have our TG Custom Session on the same day as Realworld.

Matt wrote:
The session will occur on Sunday.
It doesn't matter that we have our sessions on Sunday and they have their sessions on Sunday as well. The bottom line is that we are two seperate entities...there is no reason at all to NOT have sessions on the same day.
Besides, it's not like we're putting our sessions on Sunday on purpose. It's simply due to time constraints.

So yeah, it just wasn't possible this week to do the session on friday or saturday. But usually we try not to interfere with other clans session times. After all we Halo Players are just one big family that needs to watch each others backs.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:46 pm 

Halo In-Game Name: scottlend
very good!

Last edited by scottlendyard on Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:41 pm 

Halo In-Game Name: iNTERFACE
Your session day/time had no bearing on our decision at all, I'm not sure what gave you that idea. We just try to choose the day that is best for everybody. In the past it was Fridays, more recently Saturdays and occasionally Sundays (I don't think this was the first time). Another clan runs sessions at the same time as ours too (on Saturdays) and it hasn't caused any problems at all. In fact I don't think anyone even realised lol. Surely there's enough players to go around.

ÔÇťOften those that criticise others reveal what he himself lacks.ÔÇŁ

Last edited by iNTERFACE on Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:50 pm 
Membe®

Halo In-Game Name: sanni
To lighten the spirit everyone should watch this, it's funny:

:xD:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:30 am 

It's cool that both ┬źTG┬╗Sonny and ┬źTG┬╗┬«┬¬zerÔäó gave at least a consideration to ┬« Realworld Server Session times, and that sanni too appreciates the fact that we ALL are Halo Players. :thumbs:

However it's unsurprising that Matt only cares about himself. Of course Matt doesn't need to (or even should care about anything that ® Realworld Guild does) but why should one Player who is unable to attend a Session (for one week) expect that everyone else then change the time simply for them?

Regarding ® Realworld Guild Primary (Blue) Admin Status:

When Players are also ® Realworld Guild Primary Servers Admins though, it IS expected that they prioritise attending ® Realworld Guild Custom Map Sessions over playing on other servers at the same time, otherwise what's the point of them being a Primary Server Admin?

It's a different matter when a Primary Server Admin simply can't attend an Official Session because they are unable to play at all.

This factor also applies to any community whose members share allegiance with other communities: Ideally those communities should at least respect any Official Duties their members may have elsewhere, and also take them into consideration when setting any Official Session.

Note:
This ® Primary Server Admin Policy DOES NOT apply to ® Realworld Guild Classic Map Server Admins, since ® Realworld Guild DOES NOT hold Official Classic Map Server Sessions.

For The Record

There is NO Administrative Skill Level Difference between a ® Realworld Guild Primary Sever Admin and a ® Realworld Guild Master Classic Server Admin. It's simply a matter of FOCUS:

• A Primary Server Admin can Administrate ANY ┬« Realworld Guild Server
  • A Primary Server Admin supports playing Custom Maps and does their best to ensure that any ┬« Realworld Guild Official Session remains populated UNLESS they are unable to play Halo during a ┬« Realworld Guild Official Session Core Hours which always ARE between 20:00 - 22:00 UK Time
  • A Primary Server Admin Attendance on an ┬« Realworld Guild Official Session is NOT Compulsory UNLESS they ARE playing Halo during the time of an Official Session. This means that whenever possible they ARE expected to attend and remain on the Server for at least 50% (1 Hour) during the Core Session Time, which always lasts 2 Hours. This permits quite a large degree of flexibility on precisely the times they choose to attend an ┬« Realworld Guild Official Session
  • A Primary Server Admin MUST Display the ┬« Symbol in their Forum Name, and likewise with ALL Server Admins, MUST Display the ┬« Symbol in their In-Game Name when Actively Administrating ANY ┬« Server
  • A Primary Server Admin is more involved in ┬« Realworld Guild Admin Core discussions

If any ® Realworld Guild Primary Server Admin feels this Primary Server Admin Policy or Role is too rigid a requirement for their own Gaming needs, then they can simply become a Master Classic Server Admin instead, with no loss of respect for their Server Administration Skills.

Note:
A ® Realworld Guild Master Classic Server Admin is NOT required to attend any ® Realworld Guild Official Session even whilst playing on another Server, be it an ® Server or otherwise, nor are they required to Display the ® Symbol in their Forum Name. However their Administrative duties are limited solely to Admining ® Classic Map Servers, and they are not involved in advanced ® Realworld Guild Admin Core discussions.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:05 pm 
®ealworld Primary Admin

Halo In-Game Name: msalerno®
Xfire Name: msalerno1965
Steam Name: msalerno1965
Evolve Name: msalerno
Discord Name: msalerno1965#6045
sanni wrote:
To lighten the spirit everyone should watch this, it's funny:

What map is that? I want it ;)

--

As for the rest of this discussion, it's always been my understanding that Primary Server Admins were expected to attend Official Sessions, except when RL got in the way. If you're playing Halo, and you're a Primary Server Admin, you should be in the Official Session. That's what I was told years ago, and even if I wasn't told that, it only makes sense to begin with.

Pat, I have no idea what you got so pissed off about when I went to your server to remind you all that it was an ® Realworld Server Official Session. I did not "come at you like a dog", and I didn't say anything bad.

Whatever your problem was that day, I really don't know, but I would not change a single thing I said. Anything I said was as one Primary Server Admin to another, and I was not acting in any official Realworld Guild capacity.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:37 pm 

Suddenly (within a few days) moving a Known (Published) Session (especially when it's KNOWN to clash with another Community Official Session Time) is not only awkward for Server Admins, it's also very confusing for many Players too. Surely if a Player can't attend a Regular Session Time, then they should just accept graciously that it will still go ahead, but without them. Is that really so hard to comprehend?

It's basically like sanni already said:
sanni wrote:
After all we Halo Players are just one big family that needs to watch each others backs.

So it's just about showing a little consideration to each others Known (Published) Sessions Times, along with Courtesy and Respect for their Server Admins, and for ensuring that all the Players who just want to play Halo with as many buddies as possible can do so, but in a timely manner. :yay:

Let's hope this Topic now helps set everything straight for Players and ALL Server Admins alike, no matter what Community they show their allegiance too. ;)

OfflineProfile  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next