Facebook
It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 1:47 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Public Session Times
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:49 pm 
®ealworld Founder Admin Core

Halo In-Game Name: Harbinge®
Xfire Name: nomates1234
Steam Name: Harbinge®
Evolve Name: Harbinger-Halo
Discord Name: harbinger#7102
Yes I am ® Realworld Guild Admin Core, but all these ® Realworld Guild Server Admin Roles and ® Custom Map Server Policies were defined way back when there were at least 3 ® Realworld Guild Admin Core. I simply follow on with them since they have proven to be good and have lasted the test of time.

So no, I'm not about to go change anything much regarding the way ® Servers and Official Sessions operate. Guess maybe I'm just the last one of a kind here. :oldman:

- ß╝É╬Ż ¤ä╬┐¤Ź¤äß┐│ ╬Ż╬»╬║╬▒: In hoc signo vinces -

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:31 am 
®ealworld Master Classic Server Admin

Halo In-Game Name: {L┬░E┬░}N@J
Xfire Name: lenaj
Steam Name: {L┬░E┬░}N@J
Evolve Name: lenaj
Good morning Harb,

That's really OK for me - Pls just don't expect that I play all maps during an Official Session. :-)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:44 pm 

Jan,

We ALL have Maps and Game Types that we love and other Maps and Game Types which we loath, but the significant part is that NO ® Realworld Guild Primary Server Admin MUST stay for the WHOLE TIME of an Official Session. Obviously we hope that a Primary Server Admin WILL stay for all of the time, but in practice (and for many reasons) this simply isn't possible.

Here's the (Relevant) Primary Server Admin Policy Bit (again):

• A Primary Server Admin Attendance on an ┬« Realworld Guild Official Session is NOT Compulsory UNLESS they ARE playing Halo during the time of an Official Session. This means that whenever possible they ARE expected to attend and remain on the Server for at least 50% (1 Hour) during the Core Session Time, which always lasts 2 Hours. This permits quite a large degree of flexibility on precisely the times they choose to attend an ┬« Realworld Guild Official Session

All that means IS:

If an ® Realworld Guild Primary Server Admin is able to play Halo, then playing on a Server for NO LONGER than 1 Hour (out of 2 Hours) during Core Official Session Time isn't really so difficult. Often in fact, it can mean playing as few as just 2 - 3 Maps (only) during an Official Session. There are many occasions when Primary Server Admins have either turned up late, or left before the end, and more often than not, they too might need to exit a Map for all sorts of reasons during an Official Session, only to return later.

Also, there's a really peculiar aspect to playing stuff that at first we don't like:

Over the years I've had to endure playing some Maps and Game Types which at first appeared really bad and awful to play (and so just had to make the best of the situation) but over time I got used to playing them. The most amazing thing of all however, is that many of those Maps and Game Types have now become some of my all time favourites to play.

How weird is that... and another strange thing happens during Official Sessions:

Since each Official Session is unique, because of the various Dynamics between different Players, it means that playing the same Maps & Game Types also becomes a different experience every time too.

However when a particular game sucks really bad, then getting fresh Players to come join can vastly improve the situation and turn a boring situation into a memorable experience. That single aspect alone is one thing as Primary Server Admins, which we can help make happen by inviting and attracting Players to come play. 8)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:00 pm 
®ealworld Primary Admin

Halo In-Game Name: msalerno®
Xfire Name: msalerno1965
Steam Name: msalerno1965
Evolve Name: msalerno
Discord Name: msalerno1965#6045
Jan, we could make a new server, called "Jan's World" and put whatever you want on it - start a poll of your own, get a list of maps, and we can supply some game types.

I can't say it would be an "official" Realworld Guild ® Server, that is up to Harb, but I have the extra capacity on my server. It would have to be in New York, of course, but I could potentially host it in the UK somewhere, depending on what you want to do.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:19 pm 

Indeed, ® Realworld Guild has MUCH Spare Capacity for Hosting Servers, and a New Server can be Hosted either in Europe or in the USA. In fact we could easily Host another 20+ New Servers, but whether these New Servers would prove popular or not is up to the Players themselves.

Note:
I created and launched the (new): ®+ Server for you. :P

So Jan, ELSEWHERE in this Forum (Here would be a good start: viewforum.php?f=63) you could:

• Create your own Poll
  • Then make a list of Maps
  • Finally supply some Game Types.

After all, that is how ® Dreamworld Server was created. ;)

Now (please) let's at least try to keep any more Posts On Topic. I.E. Re: Public Session Times

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:07 pm 
®ealworld Primary Admin

Halo In-Game Name: {L°E°}Atom®
Xfire Name: ccatomis
Steam Name: DTK-Atomis
Evolve Name: DTK-Atomis
msalerno® wrote:
Jan, we could make a new server, called "Jan's World" and put whatever you want on it - start a poll of your own, get a list of maps, and we can supply some game types.

I can't say it would be an "official" Realworld Guild ® Server, that is up to Harb, but I have the extra capacity on my server. It would have to be in New York, of course, but I could potentially host it in the UK somewhere, depending on what you want to do.

Harbinge® wrote:
Indeed, ® Realworld Guild has MUCH Spare Capacity for Hosting Servers, and a New Server can be Hosted either in Europe or in the USA.

Note:
I created and launched the (new): ®+ Server for you. :P

Wowwwwww, Now, I'm jealous, I want a Martians server :yay: :mrgreen: :twisted:

OfflineProfile  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3