Facebook
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:52 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:31 am 
®ealworld Master Classic Server Admin

Halo In-Game Name: Perico®
Discord Name: Perico#0328
{L°E°}Atom® wrote:
Humm, yes Pete , you read right, but understand wrong (old man :xD: ). :

@Pat - old man? Haha ya git ! :lol:

I agree with Pat.. outside of official sessions I’ve waited alone on various RW servers in the past and no one has joined me.. normally after 9pm UK time. So yes, ofc there’s a big time gap on player availability to take into consideration. I think the only chance of getting players is to keep the core sessions alive.. but also bearing in mind that not everyone may have the time or opportunity on certain days.. like myself, it depends on whatever else is going on in their life.

The question also is how many people actually know about the core sessions? How will they know when they’re on.. dates, times etc ? The server only has 16 slots.. so including myself, Pat, Jan, Paul, Louke and a few others, it seems there’s not really that many more people to reach. Once there’s a few of us playing anyway, we usually attract others from what they can see on the lobby.. it’s usually the way.

Keep the core sessions.. :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:01 am 
®ealworld Founder Admin Core

Halo In-Game Name: Harbinge®
Xfire Name: nomates1234
Steam Name: Harbinge®
Discord Name: harbinger#7102
Keep "Core Sessions", but at what time?

Even 8pm UK is getting late for the remaining few European players, and midnight UK is the perfect start time for N & S American players, yet obviously ridiculously too late for anyone elsewhere!

For playing online multi-player games, "time" literally means everything.

These days N & S American players form the main core of all CE players and besides language, for them playing on European Hosted Servers is a significant issue, and perhaps another reason why they dislike Lead 1.

Basically it's a problem for what's left of Non N & S American players, and not an actual problem for Halo CE, because N & S American players are unaffected by any possible retirement of ®RWG "Official Sessions". Right now there's no significant shortage of N & S American players, and they don't need to play on European Hosted Servers.

For European players and for European Hosted Servers however, it's a real problem.

A fear that what happened with the Australian community, and then with Indian players etc is now finally happening with the European player community.

My major concern is being myself a European player, I play at European times. My preference ideally is for playing on European Hosted Servers, and primarily with players who can speak English. ® Realworld Server is Hosted in the UK primarily for European players. In truth ®RWG is a European based community, and which now is almost entirely dead.

In a much wider sense, ®RWG "Official Sessions" are just the Tip of an Iceberg, very much like the one that scuttled the Titanic bound for New York and got sunk midway.

And just as with any sinking vessel, the rats are always the first ones to leave (other European communities have already gone under) whilst the captain remains at the helm holding everything together so everyone else survives for as long as possible.

- ἐν τούτῳ νίκα: In hoc signo vinces -

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:19 pm 
®ealworlde®

Halo In-Game Name: {L°E°}N@J
Xfire Name: lenaj
Steam Name: {L°E°}N@J
how long you was waitung in RW server 4 players?

{L°E°} Clan not only a clan … a bunch of brothers from another mothers.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:24 pm 

Recently it can be waiting for over an hour, and no one else joins at all.

If there are 4 players and we play long enough, then after 10pm UK time, N & S American players can come join, but that's provided that at least 4 are already playing and is not always this happens. There also are some European players who occasionally join later.

And so far, only 3 players have replied to this topic. Not exactly a massive response yet.

Also here's a case in point:

Just came off playing on LTD2Clan Server.. Fun Games, but the reason for stopping was that ALL players there (and Europeans) quit by 9pm UK time. So there we are, 9pm, empty European server, no players.

LTD2Clan server was doing fine with players from 7pm UK time, and is the reason why European Players don't stay longer, because after a couple of hours playing, they've had enough.

So you might think, start ®RWG "Official Sessions" earlier then... except there isn't anything that actually prevents players from starting sessions earlier regardless. Far more problematic though, is that by competing with other server times only splits communities further, and they prefer to play on their own servers anyway.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:40 pm 
®ealworlde®

Halo In-Game Name: {L°E°}N@J
Xfire Name: lenaj
Steam Name: {L°E°}N@J
So finally ther won't be a solution. Cause even we would play earlier, some player won't join RW cause we play lead 1, we play classic weapons, we don't have unlimited rockets, nades ... you need some skill and knowlege about gameplay. Whatever you want to change Paul, can't save the game. We only can be there, hoping some old gits and nostalgic player come back

{L°E°} Clan not only a clan … a bunch of brothers from another mothers.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:50 pm 

I believe you're right Jan. There isn't anything which can save "Official Sessions" for European players, our sesion times for most Europeans is up perhaps.

Meaning that players can always join ®RW Server (and other ®RWG servers) during "Official Session" times, just can no longer expect there to be many players every time now wanting to play at European times.

So we can wait and hope that others will join our "Official Sessions", or we can join other populated European servers and play their game types, such as LTD2Clan server and LE server whilst they still exist.

Alternatively, many non European Hosted Servers are also available to join... They're just not populated with players until much later times than most Europeans prefer to play.

Please keep in mind that this topic is really only about retiring "Official Sessions" and that players can always play on ®RWG Servers at any time.

Exactly how players can organize playing together though, is another problem, one that "Official Sessions" is now failing to address, and sadly there is no easy way to achieve this either.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:12 am 
®ealworld Classic Server Admin

Halo In-Game Name: ·N·Hyst3®1C
Steam Name: Nebuell Hyst3®1C
Discord Name: •Nebu• Hyst3®1C#1486
If I could, I would play and even more the official sessions (if it weren't for servers like RW I would not have met any of you and would have left Halo months before finding the ®), I have had several hits in my wallet but I keep trying to save for a decent pc and go back online, as for the players: there are several reasons why they are less and less: 1 DDoS, 2 popularity (yt, fb, tw, ...), 3 server scripts, few are like LE , Ltd2 or with experience in the game and fewer are those who like to be penalized for griefer script (blame maricona), 4 tmmc is now very popular and many, as with other non-halo titles, migrate to what tmcc offers

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:18 am 

Halo In-Game Name: RJARRRPCGP
Discord Name: RJARPCGP#9719
·N·Hyst3®1C wrote:
4 tmmc is now very popular and many, as with other non-halo titles, migrate to what tmcc offers

So sorry, I wonder what TMMC is? I was tempted to think a typo for MCC, at first.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:55 am 

Assuming ·N·Hyst3®1C does mean Halo: The Master Chief Collection (MCC) which despite being "Halo", still is another game to Halo Custom Edition (HCE).

A contributing factor to fewer HCE players may well be many players are now playing MCC:

MCC Player Stats

If course it doesn't mean that all are playing MCC in multiplayer mode, which is an inferior experience to playing HCE multiplayer.

One reason for decline may well be due to European Player base playing MCC and other games instead. It can't be the sole reason though. There always are other factors to consider. The actual number playing MCC is just one aspect of why player attendance has become so low.

It's necessary to appreciate that low turn out during ®RWG "Official Session" times is not indicative of the overall number of players still playing HCE even when compared to those now playing MCC.

This topic is about the Proposed Retirement Of Official Sessions including reasons for their cessation.

LTD2 Clan currently has active members playing for a couple of hours up to 3 times weekly on their server, largely due (I suspect) to LTD2 clan members incentive, since they are paying for it. The server itself is most active between 7pm and 9pm (UK time) and often empty after 9pm (UK time) onwards. Obviously this model succeeds, fulfilling a unique niche for LTD2 members.

The number of players during ®RWG "Official Sessions" however, has dropped to almost zero, certainly not enough players to justify continuing "Official Sessions".

Observing the recent lack of attendance across all ®RWG "Official Sessions" and the low player numbers generally on all ®RWG Hosted Servers anyway, also brings sharply into perspective the question of how much longer does it remain viable continuing hosting open free servers 24/7 for everyone...

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:19 pm 
®ealworld Classic Server Admin

Halo In-Game Name: ·N·Hyst3®1C
Steam Name: Nebuell Hyst3®1C
Discord Name: •Nebu• Hyst3®1C#1486
if the problem is the incentive, maybe we should try with previous selection of maps and game types, and comparing RWG with other groups: to SBB whose leader Storm who if I'm not mistaken is also is/ was a member of RWG, reaps great success , in addition to map testing and the possibility of seeing the tag of each participant in their live shows

OfflineProfile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next