Facebook
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:22 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:51 am 
®ealworld Founder Admin Core

Halo In-Game Name: Harbinge®
Xfire Name: nomates1234
Steam Name: Harbinge®
Discord Name: harbinger#7102
For "Official Sessions" there's several issues here:

1. Times players are able to play
  2. Number of players who can play
  3. Only applies for existing ®RWG Servers

If it's a question of hosting different Maps and alternative Game Types, then that means creating new servers. Whereas "Official Sessions" are for existing servers.

Modifying existing servers opens up another whole "Can of Worms", with no guaranteed framework for success.

In the cases of other clan's servers, such as LTD2 for example, where they're mostly European Players, with members all contributing towards paying for their server costs, then they only host those Maps and Game Types specifically selected by their members that are defined suitable for their own requirements, and which I have been reliably informed has been the situation with LTD2 for many years.

I don't know how SSB operate their servers, although do believe the majority of its membership are N & S American players who mainly play at non European times.

Perhaps (once again) with Europe generally being referred to as the "Old World", and N & S America being called the "New World", then a "New World Order" is required.

Unfortunately I'm just an "Old World" Guy, with no plans to relocate. So once Europe is phased out of the scene, then for me that means I'm done.

Halo CE will always continue to exist whilst there are N & S American players and servers available, or for as long as bespoke dedicated communities are able to fulfill specific server requirements which satisfy their member's needs.

- ἐν τούτῳ νίκα: In hoc signo vinces -

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:01 am 
®ealworld Primary Admin

Halo In-Game Name: {L°E°}Atom®
Xfire Name: ccatomis
Steam Name: {L°E°}Atom
Discord Name: {L°E°}Atom
Harbinge® wrote:

Perhaps (once again) with Europe generally being referred to as the "Old World", and N & S America being called the "New World", then a "New World Order" is required.

Unfortunately I'm just an "Old World" Guy, with no plans to relocate. So once Europe is phased out of the scene, then for me that means I'm done.

Halo CE will always continue to exist whilst there are N & S American players and servers available, or for as long as bespoke dedicated communities are able to fulfil specific server requirements which satisfy their members.

Wow, is this the end of ®ealworld :eek: ???
you seem completely distraught without any desire to "go up the slope" :o

I do not know what to say to you to cheer you up because I see that you have completely given up. I know Halo is declining or is almost dead in Europe but here we are, and we continue to play.
If it's about the money, tell me, and I'll help you the best I can.

I'm still here, never forget that :thumbs:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:23 am 

Thank you Pat. Your support has never been in doubt.

® Realworld Guild has never been about money, and of course it all costs money. Everything all costs money, and no can every deny money helps...

It's all about having Servers to play Halo CE with Players wanting to play at TIMES that Europeans actually are able to play.

Basically what I'm stating is that when all European Players are gone from the scene then for me, that means I'm done. I can't play alone on empty servers or wait until almost midnight to get a game. And if the situation doesn't pick up, then that time will come sooner rather than later.

Although it's possible to enjoy playing games with as few as only 2 Players, in order to properly enjoy playing Halo CE requires having at least 4 Players, and most Maps ideally require a minimum of 6 Players to begin fully engaging in the real "Multiplayer Experience" that is Halo CE.

When and where Players choose and want to play Halo CE is entirely out of my hands.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:10 pm 
®ealworlde®

Halo In-Game Name: {L°E°}N@J
Xfire Name: lenaj
Steam Name: {L°E°}N@J
Hi Paul,
like Pat said, we are still here and I know how you ffel. As u already know, old guts become more emotional.
So what can we do?
We have a messenger group
https://threema.ch/en
It's maybe a way to find players for a game. I know, some people cry this less Euro to pay the app. So if you are that poor (not you Paul ;-) call me. I pay the bill

{L°E°} Clan not only a clan … a bunch of brothers from another mothers.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:36 pm 

Another kind and generous offer Jan, thank you.

I closely monitor Servers for Players, especially at "Official Session" times.

Everything helps, although not sure how effective another Communication's App can be, since we already have Steam and Discord available.

Some LTD2 Clan members played on their UK hosted server today, plus a couple of other players joined, however all LTD2 members had quit by 8pm (UK time) and their server was empty by 8.30pm (UK time).

From just after 8pm (UK time) I waited on our US hosted ® Outaworld Server alone for almost 30 minutes until Pat joined. Over the next 2 hours the maximum number of players joining reached 5, although for the majority of the time the average number were only about 3 players.

We did manage to play some fun games all the same, however playing 2v1 is hard going which does not suit many players. Even playing 1v1 takes a lot of dedication and commitment.

In these situations if an "Official Session" continues or comes to an abrupt finish, literally hangs in the balance depending on just a few players. A session only takes one or two players to stop playing, and all game play is over, or just a couple more players to join for a session to become transformed into a magical experience.

There is a "critical mass" of (about 10) players that once reached, a session becomes self sustaining as more players become attracted to the server, regardless of who actually leaves or joins the game, and often any server with 10 players very soon will fill up to the maximum number of player slots.

®RWG "Official Sessions" were designed to get the maximum number of players together, sadly which no longer seems to be the case.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:14 am 
Forum Troll

Halo In-Game Name: TROLL
Xfire Name: TROLL
Steam Name: TROLL
Discord Name: TROLL
close it down paul, RW is dog shit and u as a leader is full of shit. no one cares about CE. you and crypt fucked this place up LOL no wonder everyone left and crypt dreaming he was in charge but hes not even allowed to change a map hahaha

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:00 am 

LOL. Wondered how long before the Forum Troll arrived.

This Topic is about "Official Sessions" and how relevant are they now for players. For Non European Players, playing outside of European hours, ® RWG Servers continue as active as ever.

® RWG and its Servers remain an old and well established international resource for 100's of Players worldwide.

® Realworld Guild, as a "Community", is largely defunct these days, mostly due to the dwindling European Player Base. This steady attrition of players has been going on for years, affecting other communities besides just ® Realworld Guild. For example, TG already collapsed, and not for the first time either. I shudder to remember the number of communities all long gone by the wayside.

I must add this is what happened to the Australian Player Base. As the number of Australian Players declined, so did the number of Australian Servers cease until finally they were all gone. All remaining antipodean and Far East (Asian) players then faced the situation for them of only playing on very high ping servers based in Europe and the US, which were active with players at relatively totally unsuitable times, past midnight etc. So they just stopped playing.

As it turned out, yesterday's ® Homeworld Server Session was very active. In addition to that, ® Realworld Server simultaneously had at least 6 Players for several hours.

It must be said that the "Official Session" only became active one hour (9pm UK) after the start time, although ® Realworld Server already had players there earlier.

For European Players this might just have been a fortuitous coincidence, or perhaps is a sign of improvement. Maybe because it was just the start of the Weekend. We will see.

Only time can tell.

No one likes empty servers at times when they want to play, and this really isn't a problem for N & S American Players.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:22 am 

Sorry for consecutive posting.

Unfortunately player numbers on yesterday's (Sunday) ® Realworld (UK) Server "Official Session" were again disappointingly low again. Reaching just 6 players at one point, and only averaging just 3 players for the majority of the session.

Game Play commenced 30 mins late after start time and ceased shortly after end time, giving approximately 90 mins in total.

One explanation was, "it's Sunday", and quite possibly true because of the time being too late for European Players, yet still too early for most N & S American Players.

Originally, back during CE'S "heyday", ® Realworld Server "Session" commenced 2pm (UK time) every Sunday, quickly filled with players, and would last 3 - 4 hours without fail. This is highly unlikely to happen now.

So the question is, if the era for ® Realworld Server Sunday "Official Session" has ended and is better being consigned to history...

This does not mean close a server, or not still play on a server at "session" times. Instead it only means, just play at times that suit, have patience waiting for others to join, find ways to call others to come, and cease the idea of having an "Official Session" to populate a server.

The empirical evidence shows that players are opting either to join or not to join a server regardless of the day or time. A fact players have little choice now but to accept as simply being the way things are.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:36 am 

Another consecutive posting...

Yesterday's ® (Thursday) Outaworld Server "Official Session" didn't fare too well either, lasting for a little over an hour, and reached 5 various players (max). This included, besides myself, just 2 other Guild Members plus another 2, 3 random players for at least half of the time.

Thanks goes to all who stayed and played.

® Outaworld Server is Hosted in the US, so it isn't a high ping problem for non European Players.

The issue of low player numbers during European playing times is also affecting other servers, and by all reports, both the European hosted LTD2 Server and LE Server numbers are significantly down lately.

I can't say how player numbers are holding up across the Halo CE Server scene as a whole, especially during N &S American playing times, simply because I really don't know the answer... by all accounts though, they appear to be maintaining steadily enough.

Unfortunately regardless of player numbers overall, that still doesn't help European Players at the times when "Official Sessions" are held, and for which I suspect there is no solution available, possibly because there just are too few European Players remaining needed to sustain the number required.

Holding "Official Sessions" depends on how many European Players continue playing CE, and rather feels like going around in circles now. As Einstein said, "doing the same thing yet expecting a different outcome, is insanity".

Basically the Noose is tightening for European Players, unless CE gets some kind of European reprieve.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:02 am 

Apologies for more consecutive posting:

"Official Sessions" are kind of alive bumping along the road, just barely though, and not quite dead yet... although it's rare now, if at all, getting players on the server before 9pm (UK time) and often it's closer to 9.30pm (and perhaps later still) before any players join, which is too late for most European Players.

When 1-3 (sometimes 4) players congregate the "Session" by 10pm (UK time) which is the "Official" end time anyway, it's only then, provided players still are on the server, do more join.

However, most European Players need to quit by 10pm (UK time) which only reduces player numbers, so lowering attractivity for new players to remain on the server and for more to join, exasperating the situation further.

When sufficient player numbers are already on the server after 10pm (UK time) then it's possible for the server to fill up and sustain play there for several hours. This is after the "Official Session" end time though, which begs the question 'Is having an "Official Session" necessary', and is particularly pertinent for European Players...

Judging by the evidence recently, especially because of the time Players now join, only strengthens the case for the proposed retirement of "Official Sessions".

And as the Forum Troll correctly pointed out, it's doubtful there are many (non N & S American Players) remaining to care about CE, and even my words are mainly for posterity. Why I should bother writing them at all, is highly questionable.

Perhaps this topic needs to be locked and like "Official Sessions", be consigned to history.

OfflineProfile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next