Facebook
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:42 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 25  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:47 pm 
«TG» Membe®

Halo In-Game Name: æðñ lµ×
Harb has a point guys, personally I thought that there was going to be designated captains (pirates can apply) then those captains pick the players they would like to be in there team, each captain IN TURN has a choice.

This must be an unbiased choice based on skill or clan alliances, like back in school we would all stand in a line and the captains of each team would pick a person in turn to join there team.

This meant that the less experienced of us would probably be picked last, but this could mean that whoever is picked last could end up on the most experienced team..

Just a thought guys :$

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:54 pm 
«TG» Membe®

Just as an afterthought we could drop the «TG» its fine by me, Bun will rox whichever letters are in front of my name :thumbs:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:54 pm 
Membe®

Halo In-Game Name: sanni
Yes I understand what you mean, that is also why I made the restrictions that only people registered on Realword until today can join.
Because I had some clan ask me if they can join the tournament and I told them that this isn't a clan vs. clan tournament, this is about the realworld guild playing togehter. I never heard from them again, and that's ok so. ^^

But on the other side we shouldn't be to hard on TG and others, they seem to really enjoy the idea of playing together in this tournament.
It also seems like they are the only clan that will join this tournament so I don't see it as a problem.

So your proposition to make random teams may be a little to much for now. We should keep this idea for later though.
A random team tournament with the rules wolf posted sounds like a lot of fun and will be perfect as a follow up tournament.

But right now, since this will be the very first tournament most people will be in, managing random teams will be to hard and only lead to frustration.
You have cultural differences, times zones, language and also you don't know if your teammates will be reponsible enough.

I play a lot of random team scrims in my free time and there are always people that just leave in the middle of the match if they don't want anymore or just don't follow the tactics or just play one man army. You only need one of them in a match to ruin it for all.

So that why I choose it to be as it is now. Tell people your wanna make a team for the tournament and ask everyone you know from the Realworld Servers and so on to join the Realworld forum and participate.

Always remember it's about the fun. We have 4 fine teams so far and I hope it will be at least 4 more until the end of the week.

So happy fighting to all of you =D

«TG»Bun wrote:
Just as an afterthought we could drop the «TG» its fine by me, Bun will rox whichever letters are in front of my name :thumbs:

You can has a "n" and a "i" from my name. I can live with just "san" and you can be bunni :tasty: <3

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:57 pm 
«TG» Membe®

I agree with both of you, well said sanni :$

We will still drop the «TG» though, then there can't be any confusion :thumbs:

Haha my body is not for eating, well not yet :roll:

Last edited by «TG»Bun on Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:59 pm 
«TG» Membe®

Halo In-Game Name: .Wolfâ„¢
Xfire Name: onabie
Isn't the whole idea for this to be fun? It's not like the fighting will split us up, more likely unite us more. Let's just enjoy it. I think we all can agree on that this can be a great load of fun, and i don't think we should drop anything yet, it might as well just motivate people to not participate.

Last edited by .Wolfâ„¢ on Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:02 pm 
®ealworlde®

Halo In-Game Name: Penguin
yes its just for fun there will always be fair and unfair teams and u don't know who is winning

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:03 pm 
®ealworlde®

Halo In-Game Name: «TG»RZ ®
Xfire Name: ratzoup
This had occurred to me..
Division like this could end up with bitter vendettas. But I don't expect that from the people here.
They know how to behave with something like this; from what I've seen all of the participants in the tournament so far (Excluding me and Adam of course) realize they're playing their friends - their guild mates. This is all just for fun and to get stoned on rum. :cheers:

"Piracy is like masturbation, everyone denies it, but everyone does it." - Matt®

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:04 pm 
®ealworlde®

Halo In-Game Name: Penguin
Harbinge® wrote:

this was ur first post but why ur now against this tournament?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:10 pm 
®ealworlde®

Halo In-Game Name: ugotowned
Xfire Name: rdsthefreak
digga, er hat angst das sich die realworld leute dann o in gruppen zusammenrotten und sich gegen einander aufwiegeln und ja das entspricht halt nicht der rw mentalität, welche da wäre, dass alle ZUSAMMEN spielen und nicht iwie gegeneinander..

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:14 pm 
®ealworld Primary Admin

Halo In-Game Name: Sean Aero
Xfire Name: seanaero
Yep felt the same.
I prefer balanced teams, where both teams feel like it was a tight game.
Where the biggest "noob" aka Adam even found himself useful.
Instead of a breeze victory due to overpowered team. Not that I need an overpowered team to accomplish that but I'm just saying.. ;)

Sanni I would suggest you try to make a list of all members that are currently active give them all a represented rank from 1 till n amount of players. Based on their "skill play"

1 New001
2 New002
3 New003
. ..............
etc
. ...............
n New00n

Try to equally divide the players into teams equal team numbers using a zig-zag pattern (first line left to right, next line right to left, keep repeating) work best
for example:

01 | 02 | 03 | 04
08 | 07 | 06 | 05
09 | 10 | 11 | 12
16 | 15 | 14 | 13
--------------------- +
24 | 24 | 24 | 24

This should lead to a well approximated fair skill teams. :king:

As for team names I guess something simple like this could work.

A-Sean Aero
B-Sean Aero
:thumbs:

OfflineProfile  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 25  Next