Facebook
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 12:25 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 25  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:38 pm 
Membe®

Halo In-Game Name: sanni
Ok lets recap.

There is a tournament going on, the Halo103 Tournament where the best of the best play.
After discussing it with Blackbird he posted here to ask for players to join his team. I personally would love to play with some realworlders in a competition.
People replied saying they would like to play but they felt that they were not good enough.
So then we scraped the former plans where only the top 5 players of the realworld community(community not guild, im talking about the people here not the "institution") would participate.

Instead I jump in the cold water and offered the idea of a realworld community intern tournament so everybody can play. It was well received, so I invested time, thought about it and wrote that post. Wasn't done in 5 minutes.
English is not my mother language, it takes me lot's of time to write this crap.

Now everybody is falling in my back. This is no fun anymore, the whole concept was that it should be fun. I said that in the beginning.

It's just a little tournament it won't change the world. Do we really need to discuss this in such detail?

I'm very close to just say fuck it, why am I wasting my time on this? Just do your stunts and drive around in a circle, i don't care.

In fact now I just said it. Lets starts over.

Please use the new threads for further discussion. This helps keeping it organized. :thumbs:

This thread is a mess now :xD:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:10 pm 
®ealworld Primary Admin

Halo In-Game Name: Sean Aero
Xfire Name: seanaero
Let the discussion be for now.
Get the first tournament going as Sanni had planned and work/learn from there.

Use the experienced gained from this tournament to later on succeed in a more skill friendly one.

With that being said.
I hope that the two single posters (n0x and kae0zz) both on Team GP can at least take the time to make a decent post in the Landing Zone so the community can get to know them a bit. Otherwise there is no point in having a community tournament. ;)

And Sanni, as I said before chill.
Everyone appreciates the time your spending organizing this tournament.
You don't get so many replies for no reason. It's because people are excited about your idea. :D

Some members just have concerns about the focus/identity of this community tournament and what kind of effect it might have on its members. That's why certain suggestions are give. That's all, don't take it personal. :twiddlethumbs:

I will repeat myself: "Get the first tournament going as Sanni had planned and work/learn from there."

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:19 pm 
®ealworlde®

Halo In-Game Name: blackbird®
Xfire Name: blackbird987
Sean is right sanni, relax. If you have any futher problems organizing this tournament or w/e. You can just talk to me and we'll try to sort it out together, agree? ^^

And the rest of you guys. We know the teams might be unfair but this is only the first unofficial realworld scrim tournament. Like me, I don't have any experience with organizing tournaments, not a bit.

But sanni is trying his best he can. :thumbs:

I have a message for those who stand in my way:
pray

:netherlands:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:04 pm 
Membe®

I dont' know if you've noticed it but I'm trying to invade Halo CE with my personal armee of pro's :P

We already got lots of people to play CE beside PC, just by setting up a CE server and organizing scrims on it. So why not taking it one step further and integrating them in realworld. :cheers:

Seriously there is nothing wrong with 1st posters playing in this tournament as this only increases the realworld community. Of course there shouldn't be whole clans registering just for the tournament.
But I'm always happy when I can lure a pro or two into realworld. :mrgreen:

@blackbird, I didn't have problems organizing this, they played exactly with this rules in clanbase since 2004 . So they should be good enough for some little just-for-fun tournament. But you can nitpick about everything and so let's try it this way now.

At least it means less work for me, because I sure as hell won't write anything else up again.

And on the positive side, I'm playing like crazy good today, must be all that testosterone in my blood.

END OF DISCUSSION in this thread (seriously)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:55 am 
«TG» Membe®

Halo In-Game Name: æðñ lµ×
I don't know about anyone else but when I kill a pro or even a player who I know is a better player than myself, I get a buzz out of it. It shows either they are playing badly or I am improving :thumbs:

Ive been playing really badly the last few months :reason I installed Halo again about 2 months ago and didn't alter my vid settings, it was stuck on 30 fps, ive altered it now and im back on track, "my eyes are opened" :xD:

Its like playing Halo from the start again :o

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:01 am 
Membe®

I always wanted to make girls buzz, now I can cross that off my list :duck:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:26 am 
®ealworld Primary Admin

Halo In-Game Name: Sean Aero
Xfire Name: seanaero
I'm a bit curious how we'll deal with all a round the world players we currently have.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:00 pm 
Membe®

The team captains would need to organize their matches by talking to the captain of the opposing team. And each captains has to manage their team members.

Also my idea for the tournament schedule would be something like this:

Every team will play one match per week, by the look of it we will get no more than 6 teams. So the round robin phase would run for 5 weeks with 3 matches per week total.

Each match will consist out of two games which both take 20 minutes and will be played on two fixed maps(one custom and one original) each week.
It will be 4vs4 cbctf (or 5vs5 if enough players are there)
So 4 out of 5 team members will need to spend about one hour per week for this tournament.

Week 1 Map1&Map2:
Team VS Team
6-1
5-2
4-3

Week 2 Map3&Map4:
Team VS Team
5-1
4-6
3-2

Week 3 Map5&Map6:
Team VS Team
4-1
3-5
2-6

Week 4 Map7&Map8:
Team VS Team
3-1
2-4
6-5

Week 5 Map9&Map10:
Team VS Team
2-1
6-3
5-4

Week 6:
Top three teams fight each other in elimination so see who won the tournament
#1 on the round robin points list VS #2 on the round robin points list
Loser VS #3 on the round robin points list

The servers the matches will be played on will be organized by the team captains too. If the team captains can't agree to one server then one match will be played on each of the captains servers.

Any suggestions or alterations?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:28 pm 
®ealworld Founder Admin Core

Halo In-Game Name: Harbinge®
Xfire Name: nomates1234
Steam Name: Harbinge®
Discord Name: harbinger#7102
We can host multiple Servers :P

- ἐν τούτῳ νίκα: In hoc signo vinces -

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:37 pm 
{xk} Membe®

Halo In-Game Name: [xk]Adam!®
Xfire Name: 0525116
sanni wrote:
The team captains would need to organize their matches by
Any suggestions or alterations?

make a league, everyone plays each other twice, home and away..

when your the home team u pick map (from the map pool, so you could just say a team can have the fav map and just use that as there home ground, yes this is alot like football, but i think it would be good)... away picks colour.

you get 3pts for a win, 1 for a draw. none for a loss

flags are goal difference basically.

made this just as an example:

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/686/exampleeee.jpg

just how i'ld do it..

everyone plays on the weekend there home and away game against said team..

would be finished in 5 weeks.

And heck by doing it this way, if some teams arnt so good they could just camp flag to try and get a point for a draw, i honestly think this would be more fair then any kind of elimination at all!!..

and heck were only gonna get 6 teams by the looks of it, i think you really should consider this idea.

and stick to a 4v4 format forget any other sizes of teams.

winner would be the one top of the league after obviously, so it would all be about being consistent.

I think this would not only be fairer, but easy for everyone to understand, but the most important thing, give the players who aren't as good as some of the others a chance if teams still dont seem fair!!!!..

we could have little cups or medals for people to put in there sig after it to, for stuff like most caps, most kills, but also ones for stuff like most deaths :P

R.I.P Naut

OfflineProfile  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 25  Next