Facebook
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:55 am

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:37 pm 
®ealworlde®

Halo In-Game Name: {L°E°}N@J
Xfire Name: lenaj
Steam Name: {L°E°}N@J
Cause I'm an old git, I need less sleep. Normally I can play 10pm till 1am. I'm always looking for you guys in RW server but tbh I always catch you in LTD. Ofc I believe you was waiting long time in RW. So even if my threema app won't work and no one post when he is going to play, I will offer you to join Paul to stay in contact closer (i will spend you the membership ;-) Maybe if we 3 play together, other player will join. But you are right, no one will discover anymore. In former times you could discover for hours knowing that you will always finde a game. Today, I'm happy to find 1 good server - so there isn't time to discover. I'm looking forward to X-Mas server. Like Pat said, the game will end, if we died.
(and if I die, than not of corona ;-)

{L°E°} Clan not only a clan … a bunch of brothers from another mothers.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:33 am 
®ealworld Founder Admin Core

Halo In-Game Name: Harbinge®
Xfire Name: nomates1234
Steam Name: Harbinge®
Discord Name: harbinger#7102
Yesterday's ® Outaworld Server "Official Session" was a no show even though I joined early (just in case) and stayed for 90 minutes.

- ἐν τούτῳ νίκα: In hoc signo vinces -

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:53 pm 
®ealworlde®

Halo In-Game Name: {L°E°}N@J
Xfire Name: lenaj
Steam Name: {L°E°}N@J
I was home at 11pm. Pat told me he can play, so I joined another server. next time message me pls. I put steam in autostart

{L°E°} Clan not only a clan … a bunch of brothers from another mothers.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:19 am 

Most weeks Pat usually joins the Core (Sunday ® Realworld) Official Session on time, and I have been making more effort to get there. It takes time for player numbers to build, and after a while a few more players will join (3-4) and provided they stay for long enough, then eventually the numbers can increase. This way it's possible to end up with a reasonable session.

As for all the other "Official Sessions", basically they are now dead:

Monday (® Classicworld) - A no show
Thursday (® Outaworld) - Poor attendance (at best)
Friday (® Homeworld) - A no show
Saturday (® Dreamworld) - A no show

As a general observation (during other times):

I frequently notice various players (usually alone) on other servers waiting for more players to join, then only to quit, and by the time I am able to join they are gone.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:25 pm 
®ealworld Primary Admin

Halo In-Game Name: Crypt ®
Xfire Name: no
Steam Name: Black_Crypt
Why dont you guys use a combination of steam (for friends and groups) and discord (for comms) to facilitate playing games together?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:24 am 

This is where Xfire came into its own, having such a high membership number and an events broadcast system that automatically reached so many players.

In that respect, unfortunately neither Steam or Discord come anywhere close to matching that capability for ® RWG because there simply aren't enough of our members available online within these grouping systems especially at the times needed to broadcast an "Official Session" start time.

It's just the case now of what remains of the European Butter being spread to thinly to be effective over a small European Crust to make a meal.

However, provided enough players are playing on (basically) ANY server past 10pm (UK time) then they begin to get populated soon after that, and the later time gets then the more players become available to join.

For example, yesterday (Friday) was an excellent session, apart from it being on ® Classicworld Server. I joined around 9.30 pm (UK time) and played on well past 11pm my time. Whilst the "Official Session" (® Homeworld Server) remained completely empty.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:25 am 
®ealworld Primary Admin

Halo In-Game Name: {L°E°}Atom®
Xfire Name: ccatomis
Steam Name: {L°E°}Atom
Discord Name: {L°E°}Atom
Harbinge® wrote:
For example, yesterday (Friday) was an excellent session, apart from it being on ® Classicworld Server. I joined around 9.30 pm (UK time) and played on well past 11pm my time. Whilst the "Official Session" (® Homeworld Server) remained completely empty.

I was in ® Homeworld Server at 9 pm for me, during 30 minutes but no one come (like all time) so I go for search another server and 2 players were in ® Classicworld so I joined it and more players come after (like you).

We've all lost xfire and nothing can replace it with dignity. >:( >:( T_T T_T T_T

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:18 pm 

That's right Pat, and 9pm Central European Time is 10pm UK (and end of "Official Session" time anyway) so I missed you by just a few minutes in ® Homeworld Server and joined you in ® Classicworld Server almost right after you'd got there.

And although you stayed in ® Homeworld Server for 30 minutes alone, it still wasn't enough to attract more players to come there join.

Unfortunately even if we still did have Xfire (or an equivalent) available, due to the lack of European Players it's doubtful there'd be enough to come now. Basically as European Players those days are gone, and we have to make the best of the situation as we can.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:09 pm 
®ealworld Primary Admin

Halo In-Game Name: msalerno®
Xfire Name: msalerno1965
Steam Name: msalerno1965
Discord Name: msalerno1965#6045
I'm sorry it took me three months to realize what was said in the original post even though I had skimmed it. Someone else just read this today, and asked me about it. So maybe it's inappropriate to comment on this after so much time has passed, but it's still being read as of today.

Harbinge® wrote:
Additionally, recent Discord Halonet Channel censorship restrictions have gone a long way towards stifling freedom of information and discouraged many from posting or joining there. Basically now it's primary livelyness is showing player server activity.

I have removed maybe 10 posts ever, and they ranged from dox'ing to Lasky fighting with someone else.

I removed one of your posts because it was reported as offensive. Although, if I had seen it myself first, I would have removed it anyway.

Harbinge® wrote:
discouraged many from posting or joining there

If removing legitimately offensive or off-topic posts drives people away from the HaloNet.Net Discord, then fuck them.

Spreading disinformation about other members of the Halo CE community should worry us more.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:23 am 

Posting disinformation about other members without basis should be removed because that constitutes harassment.

However, in a "General" section (as we have here in this forum such as: Music, Videos, Jokes & Stuff for example) moderation is relaxed and posts are not always specific to Halo, and when it's just links to things on YouTube, then generally they remain, since they're simply just links, especially when currently they're circulating Social Media and topical, even if we don't personally happen to agree with them.

In an open society it's important letting people make their own mind up to what things mean for them. So when I posted a YouTube link, it was in the general section, but was removed, and that was prior to any specified guidance as to what is deemed acceptable for that channel.

I will give a topical example here:

My 29 year old daughter showed this one to my wife, and I find it quit amusing, and it is of a similar vein to the one that was removed from HaloNet as being offensive. That one was also amusing, showing wearing a mask and blowing smoke out of it.

Anyway, every Forum and Channel is free to operate their own regulations and policy. This always carries a risk though of stifling freedom of expression, which experience shows can lead to alienation of membership.

It still remains true that (apart from HAC2 Map update requests) the Discord HaloNet.Net Channel's primary liveliness basically, is showing player server activity.

This thread isn't about HaloNet.Net, and the only reason for it being mentioned was in context regarding diminishing Player Numbers overall. It hasn't much to do with official Sessions.

In-fighting and disagreement within what is now a small community isn't helpful.

OfflineProfile